Sole Aruba Ducati rider Marco Melandri set the quickest time in the fourth day of WorldSBK test action as team-mate Chaz Davies was forced out with injury and the Kawasaki duo of Jonathan Rea and Tom Sykes rested.
The Italian set a 1’39.663 to top the timesheets but he was hotly pursued by the Pata Yamaha of Alex Lowes and also Leon Camier on the Red Bull Honda.
Lowes, who has a new crew chief in the shape of Andrew Pitt, put in a 1’39.770 to finish a tenth behind Melandri while Camier was only a further two one-hundredths back and on the same pace as Alex Marquez, who is testing a MotoGP RC213V.
Xavi Fores (BarniRacing Team) was able to continue working on the set-up of his Panigale, securing the fourth fastest time of the day with a 1.40.002. Focusing mainly on race pace as opposed to fast laps, the Spanish rider will be happy with his progress after clocking in 58 laps.
Pata Yamaha’s Michael van der Mark finished the day fifth overall, continuing to look for an improved pace – ending the day with 1.40.199.
Jerez WorldSBK test times day four
1. Marco MELANDRI Laps: 67 1:39:663
2. Alex LOWES Laps: 74 1:39:770 +0.107
3. Leon CAMIER Laps: 76 1:39:797 +0.134
4. Xavi FORES Laps: 58 1:40:002 +0.339
5. Michael van der MARK Laps: 85 1:40:199 +0.536
6. Niccolo Canepa Laps: 57 1:40:593 +0.930
7. Michael Ruben RINALDI Laps: 82 1:40:606 +0.943