AGV PistaGP lid25/03/2012
Valentino Rossi’s brand-new PistaGP helmet was presented in Jerez de la Frontera. It is the first of a new generation of helmets that are the outcome of the AGV STANDARDS project, a process that revolutionises the design method and testing of helmets, with the aim of improving, in a demonstrable and measurable way, protection, ergonomics and comfort for riders.
The special feature of this helmet is the revolutionary way in which all the design stages were conceived: instead of drawing the helmet starting with the exterior shell, using a laser scan, the AGV STANDARDS project starts with the rider’s head, whose measurements are converted into a digital format. These measurements are used to design the helmet, from the inside to the outside, adopting state-of-the-art digital design technologies based on CAE/CAD methods. The structural components of the helmet are designed to obtain the required performances, minimizing measurements and weights. The helmet is therefore lighter and more compact than previous ones while offering better protection, ergonomics and comfort.
The AGV STANDARDS project, established in 2009 with Valentino Rossi as its leading rider, is ready to get on the track with the first PistaGP helmet.
• The residual impact force transmitted to the head is reduced by 36% compared to the limit established by ECE regulations.
• The HIC index is 48% below the limit established by ECE regulations.
• The basic visor movement area has been reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech helmet. This allows use of the space saved to increase the thickness of the absorption material, benefitting safety.
• The visor is Class 1 optical standard approved for excellent vision.
• The field of vision is 15° wider and the overall visor window area has increased by 9% compared to the previous helmet, without compromising its level of protection.
• The Z-Lift index has been reduced by 44% after wind tunnel tests.
• The air intakes have almost tripled in size, whereas the entire ventilation system of the PistaGP helmet removes heat and moisture very efficiently. The padding has a 3D concave structure, which is preshaped according to the morphological characteristics of the head, while the surfaces in direct contact with the head are free from stitching for guaranteed comfort.
• The fit of the PistaGP helmet, covered by three patents, provides an extraordinary high level of comfort and adaptability to different shapes, unknown up to now.
Schwantz, Spencer Arai Chaser V replicas