Nine-time world champion Valentino Rossi dismissed rumours - mostly peddled by Italian media - that he was so fed up with this season that he would call it a day at Valencia and not race in 2020.
The Monster Yamaha man is contracted until the end of next year and is certain he will honour that deal even though he is currently in the worst slump of his lengthy career.
“It was funny to see all the things that were said, but they are unfounded. I will race this year and also next year, but this was never in doubt,” said Rossi at Brno.
Yamaha will provide Rossi and team-mate Maverick Vinales with a 2020-spec M1 to test at Brno on Monday and while The Doctor is happy with that, he wants to focus on improving this season.
We can’t wait for 2020. We have to concentrate on 2019, because there are still 10 races to go, which is a lot.
“We come from four very difficult races, in which we struggled a lot, especially because we expected to be competitive because last year we were in this part of the championship.
“We need to try and work better, but the summer break helped recharge the batteries and allow us to do better in the second part of the season.
“We want to do better next year, but first we need to think about doing well in the last races.”